Energy Efficiency in the Data Center
sponsored by Adaptec, Inc.
There is no such thing as a data recession which means more data needs to be processed, moved and stored for longer periods of time. However, given IT footprint constraints including power, cooling, floor-space, performance and capacity along with tight or shrinking budgets, the squeeze is on to do more with what you have or with less. Consequently, there is a shifting focus from tactical energy avoidance to strategic energy efficiency focus which includes doing more work, processing data and storing more information in a smaller IT footprint. This "Energy Efficiency in the Data Center" podcast sponsored by Adaptec looks at current issues and opportunities for channel professionals.
Topics and discussion points include among others:
- Difference between storage optimization for performance and capacity
- How to gain insight and measure storage energy efficiency vs. energy avoidance
- Opportunities for channel professionals to help their clients become more efficient
- Various techniques and technologies to boost energy efficiency and productivity
- VAR and customer pain points that can be addressed with Adaptec solutions
(THIS RESOURCE IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.)